First I would like to apologize for being absent and non-existent on this board. It’s been an uphill trek the past few months.
For the past year my daughter has been 22lbs… really no give or take. She is now almost 2 1/2 years old, and since she was 1 year 2 months she has been the same weight. So naturally we’ve been concerned. We went to the base clinic at-least once a month about her weight and the only answer we got was that she was just petite (her eating habits were very odd, she would only take a few bites of food each meal). This concerned me, but when she got sick and was put on Amoxicillin and had an allergic reaction…. a severe allergic reaction and the base clinic brushed us off and gave her Benadryl, and we ended up in the ER two times. I said enough was enough and decided to switch to a civilian doctor.
When we went out to the civilian doctor, I told her of my concerns and she too said Savannah was just petite until….. we ended up in the ER after a few days of her being lethargic. From the ER we were transported to the children’s hospital and we spent a week there doing testing on why she wasn’t gaining weight or eating. Exactly one week later and multiple tests coming up negative we were sent home with a prescription of 3 Pedi sure a day to make sure she at least gets the calories she needed. And they were sure she’d start gaining weight since she was now getting more calories. However it now being May and she hasn’t even gained a few ounces. We’ve got a few more tests coming up but I hope that we can get some answers soon. We’ve ruled out CF, Intestinal blockage, and a few other things. Our next test is an Endoscopy with biopsy.
The day we came home from the hospital with Savannah, my youngest son Roscoe had a horrible cough and wheezing. So the next day I took him to the doctor; she sent us for x-rays and labs to see what it was. But everything came back negative. So he was put on a nebulizer 3 times a day. About a week later we were able to slowly stop using the nebulizer. And then a week and a half after that it came back full force but now also included a severe ear infection on both sides with one ruptured ear drum…. So he was put back on the nebulizer with a decongestant, Tylenol, and Amoxicillin.
Between the two times my son was sick. I got a severe strep throat, to the point that I couldn’t even swallow. So off to the doctor I went to get some meds.
To make matters worse last weekend my husband poured my son’s medicine and put it on the table while he went out to give the dogs some fresh water. When he came back in my daughter was holding an empty medicine cup…… And if you remember from above she is allergic to Amoxicillin and guess what was in the medicine cup… You’ve got it….. Amoxicillin. So off we went to the ER (I think they know us by name),
She hasn’t had any problems yet, so we are keeping our fingers crossed.
But… now that I was sure everything was done and we couldn’t possibly have anymore problems, I got a call this morning from PreK saying my oldest son, Nathaniel, practically threw up from one side of the class room to the other.. WONDERFUL!
Is there light at the end of the tunnel, will we ever get to the end of this?
At least for once, hubby is actually home to be a part of this wonderful experience. lol
Filed under: JustaSubWife |